Monday, August 17, 2015

My First Great Love

Hélas! Je l'ai connu cet amour, ce souverain des
coeurs, cette âme de notre âme; il ne m'a jamais valu qu'un
baiser et vingt coups de pied au cul.

My First Great Love

I'm going to tell you the story of the first great love of my life. A friend of mine introduced us. So, we began corresponding. She was in Massachusetts as an au pair. I was in Missouri as a student. The more we talked the more we realized we liked each other. Finally she decided to fly out to Missouri to meet me.

I remember waiting at the airport. As I was sitting in a chair, I saw a beautiful tall red head, in a black dress with yellow heels walk by. It took me a second to realize it. She turned around and I hugged her.

Our first kiss was outside the restaraunt we had dinner at that night. (The first of many.) When she left to go back to Massachusetts my heart broke a little. However, we kept talking. And we both became more and more interested in each other.

Time was not on my side. Her visa ran out and she went back to Sweden. We kept in touch. I dedicated my energy to wooing her, and cultivating the passion we were sharing. I had no choice. I went off to Sweden to spend a month with her.

Seeing her smiling face when I got off the plane this time was magical. We embraced in the middle of the airport, and kissed passionately.

The most memorable kiss of my life was in Sweden. We were walking home from a movie. And talking about our future. It was snowing ever so gently. She asked me if I really loved her. I told her. "of course", and then with hot tears running down my face, I kissed her passionately. It was the most beautiful moment of my life so far.

Yet, even that adventure had to end, and I returned to America. Lovesick.

She was planning to go to Ethiopia as a missionary, and then when she got back, she was going to come and stay with me in America for a few months so we could decide if we wanted to get married.

I, of course, could not wait that long, so I was off to Ethiopia, to spend time with my beloved. And we had an amazing romantic tryste. It was a rommance in all ways worthy of Lord Byron. Then I had to get back to class. I kiseed her good bye. One last time.

When I returned to the states, we continued to corespond, Skype, Email, Letters. (Trust me I could pour out my heart and soul into a beautiful romantic letter) Yet, I realized that this may not be the right choice. She wanted to live in Sweden. I wanted to remain in the USA. She would have given up anything for me. Her, family, her home, maybe even her faith. I could not ask her to do that.

My only choice was to break it off. I broke her heart. I told her we couldn't be together. And hurt her very badly. Since then she has offered me several second chances. All of which I rejected. I knew she would have given up anything for me. Ijust knew I had no right to ask her to do so.
~Thus Wept Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment